Monday, August 5, 2013

Commissions now open; new version of Erika

I am now open for all types of mask commissions. I still haven't completely fixed the assembly issues, although I have reduced them. They don't affect the appearance or structural integrity of the finished mask as far as I can tell. I don't yet have a finished model for the small version of Erika/KA-001 yet, although it won't take much work to do that (the only differences in shape between sizes are in the depth, scalp, and wall thickness; the only difference in the face is the scaling, with the actual face shape being identical between sizes). I also don't have any other generic mask designs yet.

Go here for information on commissions and pricing and here to contact me.

I have made my fourth mask into a new version of Erika. I used the wigs from the old version of Erika (they fit the new version OK even though she is 25cm x 31cm as opposed to the 23cm x 28cm of the old version). The finishing on this mask is improved compared to my previous masks because I smoothed the entire mask by applying acetone/ABS slurry after the initial rough sanding (I followed the application of acetone with some fine sanding). On subsequent masks I will follow the fine sanding with another application of acetone slurry and more fine sanding (one round removed most of the flaws but still left a few very small ones behind).






















































































My third mask is also still for sale. I am going to re-sand her, apply acetone slurry, and re-paint her in order to improve the finish (I sanded and painted her a while ago). She is 23.5cm wide x 29 cm high (which is slightly bigger than the standard "small" size I am planning to make).


I am still planning to kig at Animethon this weekend. Misk and his friends were unfortunately not able to come. I am not quite sure if I will have a full-time spotter there, but I will be hanging out in kig with some of my friends from the local anime/cosplay community.

No comments:

Post a Comment